- 6 Large Marshmallows
- ¼ cup Corn Starch (slightly heaping)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (slightly heaping)- be prepared for the children to HATE this smell.
- 12 drops Liquid Food Colouring
- Add the marshmallows, corn starch and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds intervals until the marshmallows expand.
- Add the food colouring drops on top of the marshmallows or coconut oil (not to the corn starch).
- Stir with a spoon to combine all the ingredients.
- When it gets too hard to stir, kneed it by hand until the colour and ingredients are completely combined. (Be careful, it might be hot.)
- If it’s too sticky, add more corn starch. If it’s still too sticky, add more coconut oil. Cover your hands in coconut oil to keep it from sticking to you.
- Play with it on a non stick surface, such as parchment paper taped to the table or a silicone baking mat.
CAUTION: The children will develop a huge desire to eat this play-dough and no I don’t blame them.
The children I work with continued to request eating marshmellows so the next week we had a marshmellow tasting day. I placed out cherry and lime jello powder, chocolate pudding mix, cinnamon spice, and…..onion powder LOL you can imagine their faces when they tried that. (I didn’t tell them what any of it was)